Rewriting values on Visualize Graph

Hoping someone can help me out here. I have data stored in a less than ideal format but don't have a lot of options on changing that. The data basically has 3 parts that I need to extract:

Username
ID
MS

Username and ID are in one document.
ID and MS are in a second document.

I need to get a chart that allows me to sort by MS, but shows the ID and Username all in one view.

I've been trying pie charts and data graphs and haven't been able to get anything to work. I can get all of the data in one view with an aggs query, but I'm not sure how I can graph on the keys that are returned from that search...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

edit: One thing I was trying but wasn't able to get to work: I can get the x axis to display the ID, and the y axis to display and sort by largest the MS. One thing that I tried was seeing if there was a way with painless scripts or otherwise to 'rewrite' the ID to the username. Not sure if that can be done.

Since Elasticsearch is not a relational database, there is no way to join these two indices.

You really should include the data in the same document. Things like Logstash allow you to place it between Elasticsearch and augment the incoming data. That might be one option.

I was able to get all of the data in a single view using an aggs query. Is there no way to graph off of that?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.