Roles and privileges

I have created a dashboard that I want to integrate into my application. My application already has its own roles and privileges system. I want to filter the data specific to the user ID once they log in to my application, without having to create separate roles and privileges in Kibana. Additionally, what kind of security measures can I use in this scenario?

Hope I am clear with my question

Hi @Anupama2262,

What kind of application are you looking to integrate your application into? If it's JavaScript you can embed the dashboard using an iframe as covered in this blog.

In terms of data filtering you could pass a parameter in the iframe URL to trigger the filters. Authentication-wise, it depends on what system you are using, but I would recommend seeing if either the anonymous authentication or SSO (enterprise feature) options would work for you.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

adding also to Carly's answer that Elasticsearch supports document-level security (enterprise feature), so if you use SSO with the same groups in your app and Elasticsearch, you should be able to implement read restrictions based on those groups as described here.

1 Like