Rollup job not visable in Kibana

Hi community,

I have followed the guidelines on https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/data-rollups.html
I try the example first to get a grip on how these rollup jobs function.
However when I try to Visualize the rolled up data I am unable to find the index called rollup_logstash as shown in the example.
Is there a step I am missing? Do I need to do anything manual in Kibana with the index called rollup_logstash?

Love to get a reaction. Thank you.

greeting,
Erwin

You have to go to Management > Index pattern and create a rollup index pattern first - it's very easy to miss that part:

Using the information from the example rollup configuration, you can use rollup_logstash to match the rolled up index pattern, and kibana_sample_data_logs to match the index pattern for raw data. The notation for a combination index pattern with both raw and rolled up data is rollup_logstash,kibana_sample_data_logs .

Thanks for making us aware of the issue in the docs.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the extra information. I created a new index (rollup_logstash), deleted the created rollup job and created a new rollup job, with a new ID and rollup index named rollup_logstash. I activated this rollup job.
However I am still unable to create a visualization as mentioned in the documentation: " Using the information from the example rollup configuration, you can use rollup_logstash to match the rolled up index pattern, and kibana_sample_data_logs to match the index pattern for raw data. The notation for a combination index pattern with both raw and rolled up data is rollup_logstash,kibana_sample_data_logs .", because I am unable to select the index rollup_logstash. I only have the indexe kibana_sample_data_logs available to me.

Is there anything else I am missing?

An index pattern in Kibana is an additional meta information, it's not the index in Elasticsearch itself: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/index-patterns.html When the actual data is there in the index, you have to additionally create it.

Thanks Joe, that works perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.