Run elasticsearch on startup

Hi there,

I installed Nextcloud on Windows with WSL 2 and Elasticsearch. All is working great but I’m unable to run Elasticsearch on Windows Startup.

I managed to have MYSQL, APACHE2 and CRON running on startup with this solution:

* adding **%sudo ALL=NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/mysql start** with sudo visudo
* adding **%sudo ALL=NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/apache2 start** with sudo visudo
* adding **%sudo ALL=NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/cron start** with sudo visudo
* Create a shortcut in **shell:startup** with arguments: “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu20.04LTS_2004.4.5.0_x64__79rhkp1fndgsc\ubuntu2004.exe” run sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start
* Create a shortcut in **shell:startup** with arguments: “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu20.04LTS_2004.4.5.0_x64__79rhkp1fndgsc\ubuntu2004.exe” run sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start
* Create a shortcut in **shell:startup** with arguments: “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu20.04LTS_2004.4.5.0_x64__79rhkp1fndgsc\ubuntu2004.exe” run sudo /etc/init.d/cron start

So, logically I tried to do the same for Elasticsearch but the service doesn’t start.

That’s strange because I can start the service when I launch the WSL 2 CLI and type: “sudo service Elasticsearch start”

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Franck

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.