Run Kibana as a Windows service without using nssm tool

Hi, I am using Kibana v 7.10.1, and need to run Kibana without using nssm tool.
I tried to install using power shell script as follows :
sc.exe create "ElasticSearch Kibana 4.0.1" binPath= "binpath" depend= "elasticsearch-service-x64"
But get an error on trying to start the Kibana service :

Please help.

Thanks,
Roy

Hi @ARoy

In order to get more context, could you clarify some things:

• do you have any specific reasons not to use nssm?
  • why do you want to make Kibana service dependent on ES service? Did you try to start without dependent?

Regards, Dzmitry

Hi @Dzmitry , since we need to execute it in an environment with minimum external tools, as part of the client requirement, we have have to make use of the default tools provided by the os.
Also did try the same without dependent, but got a different error, as follows :

It will be really good if can implement it locally using any script, without involving any external tools.
Thanks !
Roy

Hi @ARoy,

I see your point, but unfortunately we don't have any script or commands list for Windows to share at the moment.

Can you consider using msi installer?

Regards, Dzmitry

Sure @Dzmitry , that sounds good. Can you please suggest how can proceed similar to elasticsearch, which already has a batch installer as a service.

Hi @ARoy ,

I just checked that there is no msi installer for the Kibana and unfortunately no date defined for its release.

Sorry, but It looks like nssm is the most common way to do it.

Regards, Dzmitry

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.