I have 5 nodes cluster of elasticsearch integrated to SAML IDP.
i want to migrate to new SAML IDP but i don't have working test environment to integrate to this new IDP.
Below scenario that i can think of, do you think this will be feasible ( mostly the part where i want to change the SAML configuration on one node only to test the integration ).
- create local users and provide existing users with this temporary local users
- offload 1 elasticsearch node ( because i didn't enable replica and restart of the live node will have impact to the service )
- configure kibana elasticsearch host to this offloaded node
- configure new SAML IDP in this node and test the integration
- if it is working, rollout to the other nodes.