Self-hosting and license

Hi there,

First I'm sorry if this question has already been answered but I've not been able to find this information neither on official Elasticsearch documentation nor on Discussion / Forums.

So far we are using in my company the Basic / Free version of Elasticsearch (including Logstash, Kibana, Beats, etc) and we are self-hosting it on our own infrastructure. We need now to make authentication work with LDAP. After following documentation and configuring our Elastic stack to integrate LDAP authentication we realize that this is not available with our license. Indeed we see following error when we try to authenticate with our LDAP credentials: [2022-12-08T10:10:38,132][WARN ][o.e.x.s.a.RealmsAuthenticator] [elk-recette] Authentication failed using realms [reserved/reserved,file/default_file,native/default_native]. Realms [ldap/SI] were skipped because they are not permitted on the current license .

After reading the pricing page, I'm not able to understand if we can use the Standard or Platinum license of a self-hosted installation? And if so, how much does it cost, how to subscribe it and so on?

Thanks a lot for your help, we are a little bit confused with licensing & pricing.

You need to contact Sales at Elastic for price information.

Ok, I'll do that, thanks for the answer.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.