Separate item URL for Visual Builder Table visualization

Hi,

I am using Visual Builder - Table visualization to display the available values AND make them as a hyperlink so that a user can click on them and opening a new dashboard with the filter set to the selected value.

So far so good. Now for a different field I have a different requirement.
In this case, each field has a 'separate' dashboard as against the above case where dashboard is same only a different filter needs to be applied.
So how can I achieve this?

I got to a point where I can specify if-else condition using Handlebar syntax, but that does not allow me to check against some value. Rather it can only checks whether a field exists or not.

-Thanks
Nikhil

For now I am achieving this using HTTP URL redirection. But I would really like to have something within Kibana to solve this. Thanks.

Can you give an example of how the dashboard name is determined? Dashboards support a query parameter to load by its name instead of id /dashboards?title=foo.

If not it sounds like we need another layer on top. One option is a scripted field, giving you more control.

Currently dashboards have IDs (which is what gets created by default).

#/dashboard/80e4c410-5f18-11e8-b778-c980f5dee594"
#/dashboard/170fe630-5f15-11e8-b778-c980f5dee594"

One solution could be to use the same name as that of the field, so that when user clicks on it, I can use the {{key}} parameter to load the corresponding dashboard.
But that would mean, exporting these dashboards, changing the ID to my string and import them back. Surely this is a hacky way and I was wondering if there is a 'well-designed' way. Better approach than this is the URL redirection IMO since I don't want to mess with the design philosophy of using IDs for dashboards instead of user-defined strings. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.