Service elasticsearch start but not the ports

Hi ,
I am struggling with a rare problem, the elasticsearch service starts but not the ports.
I have been running a maintenance routine on my cluster and in two nodes I have the same problem, the elastic search service is running but I do not see ports 9200 and 9300. In one of them I had to reinstall because it had been poorly balanced, but now I want to find the root of the problem. This cluster has been working for about 3-4 years, and this is the first time I have had this problem.
When i had not responses to my queries i run a netstat -ptan and indeed, the ports are neither listening nor waiting.
In the syslog I only found the start and stop of the service, and in the elastic log only the information log.
It looks like it's still initializing, but it's never taken this long.

My version of Elastic is 6.6.0, and all this work is to upgrade to 7.

Thanks in advance, emiliano

Eventually the node starts fine and joined the cluster without issues, but I don't understand why it took so long.
The only warning found is the GC mapping error, but I understand that it is normal ...

Please don't post pictures of text, they are difficult to read, impossible to search and replicate (if it's code), and some people may not be even able to see them :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.