Setting number_of_replicas on existing template

Apologize for the screenshot but my elasticsearch instance is in a secure environment with only a jumphost browser that cannot copy anything out.

Elastic Stack version 7.17.4 single node

I am trying to update an index template to create new indexes with number_of_replicas = 0. I tried to update through the API and it accepts it but afterwards the setting does not take and I don't see the number_of_replicas set at all. Here is the screenshot with the field that I added highlighted in yellow:

template_update

When I do a GET on the template after the PUT, the field is not there.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do differently?

Hi,

Check the response of the PUT request. If the template was updated successfully, the response should be {"acknowledged":true}.

Regards

or go to kibana, stack management, index template and find your template.
then update it.

if it is still not keeping this value then one of the filebead daemon from a system is resetting it back.

you will have to check filebeat.yml file. and check " Elasticsearch template setting" section

Thank you for the response. I was getting back the acknowledged true. My mistake the new parameter was all the way at the bottom of template.settings.index array and not where I placed it in the request so I didn't notice it.

This is resolved. User error.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.