Shard Failing : queue error

(Rajeev Singh) #1

HI

Am getting this error and seems like can it be resolved by increasing queue size. Is my assumption correct ?

[2015-10-19 20:41:23,495][DEBUG][action.search.type ] [Ghost Rider 2099] [logstash-2015.10.13][4], node[gdLxmHjmSiiHqWBb6hpZhA], [P], s[STARTED]: Failed to execute [org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequest@318396d] lastShard [true]
org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.EsRejectedExecutionException: rejected execution (queue capacity 1000) on org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$23@309f21ac

Where can I find the config file so as to change the parameters. Looked into elasticsearch.yml but couldnt find any such setings

(Mark Walkom) #2

You can temporarily relieve this by changing threadpools, but you are overloading the node so it'll probably happen again.

(Rajeev Singh) #3

Hi
Whats the best way to overcome this problem ? Increasing nodes ? Is there a formula which tells me what is the best configuration to overcome this problem

(Mark Walkom) #4

There's no formula as it really depends on use case.

How are you monitoring ES?

(Rajeev Singh) #5

I tried using marvel but it was quiet resource intensive

Also the indexer, is on a machine which is also running elasticsearch and kibana hence may be down on resources

(Mark Walkom) #6

What specs does the node have?

(Rajeev Singh) #7

Its a Windows 2008 server with 4GB RAM. Though am trying to double the spec up but dont know if that would help to solve this problem

(Mark Walkom) #8

That's pretty small, adding more memory would help.

(system) #9