SharePoint Server connector package

Starting in the 8.1 Enterprise Search release, we have a new Elastic SharePoint Server connector package available for beta. This connector package extends the existing Workplace Search content source catalog, with a fully customizable connector package.

We on the product team would love your feedback and hear how you're customizing your connector package. Get started with the connector package here: SharePoint Server connector package | Workplace Search Guide [8.2] | Elastic

1 Like

For anyone looking to do custom connector package development or working with the network drives connector, I highly recommend this blog post that has been published as a guide! You have more ways to bake this cake: Bring your own Enterprise Search connector | Elastic Blog

Hi. We've started experimenting with this connector for our on-premises implementation of SharePoint 2019.

I don't see anywhere in the documentation for the configuration file for the connector a way to reference a CA pem file so that certificates can be validated.

My make test_connectivity is failing with an ssl verification error:

raise SSLError(e, request=request) requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='sharepoint-host.bogus', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: ///sites/ABC/_api/web/webs?&$skip=0&$top=5000 (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:897)'),))

Is there a way to either specify the location of the CA file or tell the connector to NOT validate certs?

Thanks!

Hey Tony, great question, I'm going to ping our developers to give you a more detailed answer on this one. Stay tuned.

1 Like

@TonyWRobinson Hey there, the workaround that you can do is to modify the connector by adding these parameters to the requests.get() method: verfiy = False or verify = '/path / to / certfile' in sharepoint_client.py file.

1 Like

Cool. I have to re-make after this is done, right? Or is this picked up at runtime?

@TonyWRobinson you would need to re-make, by using command 'make install_package / make install_locally'

@TonyWRobinson our team is working on making this easier in the connector package. We've filed an issue: allow custom certificates · Issue #57 · elastic/enterprise-search-sharepoint-server-connector · GitHub that you can subscribe to updates and check to see when it's been closed.

1 Like

Thanks @Serena_Chou I'll keep an eye on it. Appreciate all your help!