" Show partial rows " ignores " Show metrics for every bucket/level "

In 5.x, when creating a data table visualization with the Option "Show partial rows" enabled, there was one metric-column (in my case "Count") at the end.

When I enabled "Show metrics for every bucket/level" there was a count column for every bucket in this table.

Now with 6.4.2 it seems that the option "Show partial rows" also automatically adds the functionality of "Show metrics for every bucket/level", because I get this "one metric per bucket" table. It's seems that it is not possible to remove the Counts for every bucket:

Is this a bug or intended behavior?
Any possiblity to show partial rows but avoid having one metric-column per bucket? My target is to also show the rows with missing values. Without the partial rows they completely disappear.

@lukeelmers thanks :slight_smile:

I just checked this out and was able to reproduce the behavior you described -- definitely feels like a bug to me -- I don't think this is the intended behavior.

I've reopened an existing Github issue to track this: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/22168

I'll go ahead and pick this one up to investigate further. Feel free to follow along in GH; I'll post updates as soon as I have something to share.

Thanks for taking the time to report this!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.