Show progress pie chat timely basis

(surendra) #1

Hi, I've a requirement that , I need to show progress of file processing count in a pie chart.

Customer will place 10 files and in my pie chart , I need to show how many files processed and in progress and pending for processing in a pie chart.

Please let me know how I can do this .

Hi @suripaleru,

It feels like you just need an ordinary pie chart with Terms aggregation based on file.status.keyword (or what field you have for the "file processing state").

Best,
Oleg

(surendra) #3

Thank you for your quick reply. Seems I'm getting count of previous log values also under Pie chart when I select time range as one day.

I want only the latest count of files' running status. Could it be possible with simple chart ?

It depends, what criteria do you use to say whether file should be considered within latest or not?

(surendra) #5

Could you please provide an example for filters for below case ?

Customer placed 10 files ..
At first, unprocessed 10 - processed 0 - in progress - 0

After 5 minutes = unprocessed 8, processed 1, in progress - 1

How we can show these values in pie chart ? Thanks in advance for your help.

(surendra) #6

Hi, any solution on this ?

(Christian Dahlqvist) #7

Filebeat and the Logstash file input are designed to tail files and stream data. They therefore do not generate any event that indicates that a new file has been encountered nor any event that indicates that a file has completed processing. Without this type of data I think it would be difficult to create the type of report you are looking for.