Can Kibana create a pie chart and table where one of the variables is from the past

Hello.

Not sure how to best describe it in the title. Basically, I will be reading a log file. That log file contains log entries when people uplift a file from the server. I am needing to produce both a gauge, and a table show those that have not received the file for that day.

To try and explain, here is some API calls to show a mock up

Create an index

PUT test
{
    "settings" : {
        "number_of_shards" : 1
    },
    "mappings" : {

"properties" : {
                "name": { "type": "keyword"},
                "status": { "type": "keyword"}
            }

}
}

And some data

POST test/_bulk
{ "create": {} }
{"@timestamp": "2021-06-05T16:21:15.000Z","name" : "harold","status" : "RECEIVED"}
{ "create": {} }
{"@timestamp": "2021-06-05T16:21:15.000Z","name" : "patty","status" : "RECEIVED"}
{ "create": { } }
{ "@timestamp": "2021-06-03T16:21:15.000Z","name" : "harold","status" : "RECEIVED"}
{"@timestamp": "2021-06-03T16:21:15.000Z","name" : "patty","status" : "RECEIVED"}
{"@timestamp": "2021-06-03T16:21:15.000Z","name" : "bob","status" : "RECEIVED"}

Now, what I am wanting is a chart to show, that on the 5/6, we received two out of three documents (assume total quantity is count of unique people over the last 7 days), and the missing person is bob (so teams can understand why bob did not receive the file)

Also, after a table that shows the same information in tabular form. Days as the columns, people as the rows.

I did see this post from 2017: I want to create a gauge that displays number of documents in a certain timeslice vs total documents - Elastic Stack / Kibana - Discuss the Elastic Stack, but wondering if anything has changed since then or not?

Is this even possible?

1 Like

Welcome to our community! :smiley:
And thanks heaps for making the effort to explain what you want, AND provide a replication of it!

What about a heatmap, like;

Thanks Mark.
I have played around with this, and it might just work. Next question around the heat map. However, I now want/need to expand this. Looking at the log lines in more detail, the Status field has other values, or COMPLETE, ERROR, RECEIVED and PROCESSED. Can I make the heat map reflect these values. I can see the colour is based on the count of entries, but is it possible to use another field?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.