SOAP web services Elasticsearch

I'm new to Elasticsearch and I want to know if it is a suitable solution for our team.

We need to log our SOAP requests and responses (they're in XML format). We work with .NET on the server side (we're just maintaining the database and creating web services for other applications to use them).
The logging should be real-time and must not cause any performance issues.

The information we need to be logged are: time of the request recieved, the request body (we need to extract some information from it) and response time.

My questions are:
what tools we need to get it to Elasticsearch (and visualize it in Kibana)?

Is it possible to calculate the response time in Elasticsearch when given the time of the request recieved, request ID AND the time of the reponse send, response ID which is equal to the request ID??

Make the application log the requests and responses to disk, preferably in JSON form so that it's easy to parse unambigously. Use Filebeat to ship those logs either directly to Elasticsearch or via Logstash.

Is it possible to calculate the response time in Elasticsearch when given the time of the request recieved, request ID AND the time of the reponse send, response ID which is equal to the request ID??

Yes (in Logstash), if all those pieces of information are available in the same log entry.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.