[SOLVED] One specific metric stopped working in Timelion

Edit: This is in Kibana 6.2.4.

Hi!

Long time lurker, always seem to solve most issues by reading the forums but this I cannot figure out.

So, today when I look at my dashboard in Kibana one of my visuals stopped working. The data is cpu from Metricbeat. The thing is, all other metrics works fine, for example ram-use show up as it should. And the data is present in ES, I can browse and filter them in Discover just fine. They just don't show up in Timelion.

About 10 hosts, CPU-Usage:

Other metrics works fine, this is memory (from the same index):

Data is present in ES:

TImelion works fine on other visualizations:

But specifically cpu-metric wont show:

I did nothing that I know of at 02:00, and at this point I don't even know where to start looking.

Any ideas?

I have now updated to Kibana 6.4.1, however the error remains.

Solved. This was a faulty index. Don't know how but there were some corrupt data making all metrics in that index inaccessable. I have a new index for each day and it stopped working at 00:00 UTC but the timezone-difference made it look likte it happend 02:00. I just deleted that index and everything works fine. Got an upgrade out of it :slight_smile:

Nice! Glad to hear it worked out after all.

I have a new index for each day and it stopped working at 00:00 UTC but the timezone-difference made it look likte it happend 02:100:

Hm, maybe a faulty change had been made to the index template?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.