Some questions before buying a license

Hello,

We are considering buying a license for X-Pack, but before that I'd like to ask a few things.
Is it possible to authorize users from LDAP for specific indices?
Is the LDAP integration similar to GIT? Like, that the user first have to login and then I can give him the permissions to specific repositories.
Last but not least, can I create groups, on which I can set the permissions?

Best regards
Andy

Is it possible to authorize users from LDAP for specific indices?

Absolutely.

Like, that the user first have to login and then I can give him the permissions to specific repositories.

No, provided that you know the LDAP DN of the user, or the DNs of the LDAP groups to which they are a member, you can set everything up before you grant them access.

can I create groups, on which I can set the permissions

Yes, in two different ways

1. We have Roles that are essentially a collection of permissions to specific indices (and global cluster permissions). So, for example, there is a builtin role called kibana_user which provides the permissions a user needs in order to have access to use the Kibana product. You then grant that role to whichever users ought to be able to use Kibana.

2. We also support integration with LDAP groups, so if you like, you can manage a user's groups within your LDAP directory and then map those groups to X-Pack roles if that makes management easier for you.

All our documentation is freely available, and you can install a 30 day trail of X-Pack so it might be easiest to try it out for yourself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.