Spaces default dashboard

Hi all,

I was wondering if there exists a way to set a default route/dashboard for a specific Kibana Space, i.e. multiple Spaces having different default dashboard.

Let me explain better.
In my Kibana instance I have created multiple Spaces, e.g. SpaceA, SpaceB, SpaceC.
Then I created three different roles, roleA, roleB and roleC, that can only access the spaces SpaceA, SpaceB and SpaceC, respectively (each one with specific restrictions on which section can be accessed), i.e. users with roleA can only access SpaceA, i.e. users with roleB can only access SpaceB, etc.
Finally I have created three users, userA, userB and userC that have the corresponding roles, roleA, roleB and roleC, respectively.
Now I would like that when I log into Kibana as userA I get a default dashboard called for example HomeDashboardA, which is not necessarily the same as the default dashboard that you can set with the configuration settings server.defaultRoute or kibana.defaultAppId in the Kibana YAML file.
In other words, I would like to be able to have each Space have its own main dashboard that you get taken to when switching to that Space.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? I could not find any help in the Kibana documentation.

Alessandro

Unfortunately it's not currently possible, but you can track the feature request here: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/26126

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.