Spring data and elasticsearch (6+) release confusion

Hi all!

My first post here so hopefully i'll be right on spot.

I'm new to ES and trying to integrate with a Spring Data for a production app,

as I prefer using Spring Data vs. ES Java API client (java high level rest), abit confused with the compatibility of the 3.0.X / 3.1.X versions. in https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-data-elasticsearch
it notes that there is a full support of ES 6 and above, but the 3.1.X versions of spring data are not found in maven repositories. and lower versions are not supported with ES 6.0 and above.

Which spring data version should I pick for ES 6.x ? should I stay with spring data or switch to client API to get support for ES 6.? Is there any stable version ? what are my alternatives?

I prefer staying with ES 6.x and above.

I'm writing directly via spring app to ES db.

Thanks!!

This is a third-party project that we do not own or maintain, so we can't help you there.

You will have better luck by asking this in Spring Data related forums.

@kotek
Hi Aviv,
You got any solution to your problem? I am also stuck at the same point and really not getting any clue. Kindly, help me.
Thanks

Nope, not yet :\

Please share, if you get any solution or any clue.
Thanks
@kotek

Had version conflicts, with spring commons and other spring libraries. main issue is related to spring CORE version (below 5 would work with specific versions). Just choose your versions of spring-data-es, spring-core, spring-data-jpa and elasticsearch carefully (check maven for dependencies etc). goodluck!

More details here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.