Hi !
I just begin to learn the environment ELK one week ago and try to install Elasticsearch on my Debian 10 'Buster'. But I have a really big problem, when I'm doing "systemctl start elasticsearch.service" I got :

And if I'm doing "journalctl -xe" I got :

I don't know how to interpret that so please Help !!!

Thanks

Bonjour ! And welcome :slight_smile:

You should look at elasticsearch logs. And share the logs.

And please don't post images of text as they are hard to read, may not display correctly for everyone, and are not searchable.

Instead, paste the text and format it with </> icon or pairs of triple backticks (```), and check the preview window to make sure it's properly formatted before posting it. This makes it more likely that your question will receive a useful answer.

Merci de votre réponse, et excusez moi pour les captures.

I've looked logs and I found the problem (I don't share them there are too much).
It was because of the elasticsearch.yml file, I was modified the field network.host with a bad IP address.
But now I don't understand the interest of this field

If you don't understand, don't touch it! :slight_smile:
Basically if you have only one node (like a dev platform), you don't need to touch this as you will use localhost:9200 to connect to elasticsearch. But if you are moving to production, you want your nodes to be available from other nodes or from your application. In which case you need to expose your elasticsearch node to the IP address of your machine. It's bound by default to localhost.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.