Stop Graphs Auto-Filling Blank Space in Dashboard

Hi,

maybe I'm not phrasing this right but surprisingly can't find an online solution. I'm building a dashboard with multiple rows of graphs: each row should have three graphs except the top row which should have only two. These two should be the same width as all those below, i.e. 1/3 the page width. But when I set their width as such, a graph from the next row slides up to fill the blank space that is left. I tried making an empty element, i.e. a line graph with no data and where I set all axis to not visible, but the legend is still there and the title 'Empty Element' is also displayed on the dashboard. There must be a better solution.

Thanks,

What version of kibana are you using?

But when I set their width as such, a graph from the next row slides up to fill the blank space that is left.

What action are you performing that causes the dashboard to re-adjust the panels?

You could put a markdown visualization as a place holder for the empty spot.

Hi,
I'm on 5.6.5. I just solved the problem using the empty markdown visualisation, thank you.

(FYI The action causing the problem was: say my top row of graphs had just two graphs which were 1/2 the available width each, and underneath I had a row of three graphs 1/3 the available width each. If I resized the top two graphs to make them also only 1/3 the available width wide, a graph from underneath would slide up to fill that spot.)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.