Table displaying sum of latest values

Hi!

Given the following example dataset showing the number of warnings in C++ files for a given date, and also containing information about which project each C++ file belongs to:

{ "file": "a.cpp", "project": "foo", "warnings": 123, "@timestamp": "2018-12-28 00:00"}
{ "file": "a.cpp", "project": "bar", "warnings": 123, "@timestamp": "2018-12-28 00:00"}
{ "file": "b.cpp", "project": "bar", "warnings": 12, "@timestamp": "2018-12-28 00:00"}
{ "file": "c.cpp", "project": "foo", "warnings": 321, "@timestamp": "2018-12-28 00:00"}

{ "file": "a.cpp", "project": "foo", "warnings": 12, "@timestamp": "2018-12-29 00:00"}
{ "file": "a.cpp", "project": "bar", "warnings": 12, "@timestamp": "2018-12-29 00:00"}
{ "file": "b.cpp", "project": "bar", "warnings": 1, "@timestamp": "2018-12-29 00:00"}
{ "file": "c.cpp", "project": "foo", "warnings": 32, "@timestamp": "2018-12-29 00:00"}

I want to create a Table in Kibana that summarizes the aggregated number of warnings for each project, for the latest timestamp (to get a quick overview of the status and be able to e.g. prioritize what to work on next):

Project name                         |    Total number of warnings on latest day
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
foo                                  |    12 + 32 = 44
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bar                                  |    12 + 1 = 13

I believe my example is very similar to this one, where the answer is that the visualization should be done in Vega instead. But in this case there's no support for tables in Vega, so is there really no way at all to accomplish this?

Hi @tinrik ,

I think you can use Lens with the table visualization for that:

Here I've configured a Top values of project.name and Sum of warnings as metric values.

If you only want to see the current data, no matter the other panels when imported in a dashboard, you could pin a fixed date range, say Today to that to have always the current data, no matter the date range selected for the rest of the dashboard:

1 Like

That's very neat, I wasn't aware of that feature. Thanks a lot for the quick help, really appreciated! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.