Term suggester with Multitenant

I am trying to create a multi tenant architecture with elasticsearch. After going through your documentation I decided to choose the fake index alias option (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/faking-it.html). Each company gets a fake index for each one of our models. So, for example, a company has a fake index for the Invoice model and a fake index for the Client model.

My search queries all use the term suggester for a "did you mean" functionality. I tried using the phrase suggester and after following your documentation, I received far worst results than the results I am receiving when using the term suggester, so I rolled back to the term suggester.

The problem is that I am receiving suggestions that relate to other tenants and are irrelevant to the current tenant. I expected that this will disappear after moving to the fake index method, but it didn't. It is needless to say that this is not only ugly, but it is also a security vulnerability, so of course I cannot use it in the current form.

I would love to understand how to fix this. After searching for days for a solution, I am pretty much helpless and need any help I can get.

Thanks!
Ariel

What version are you on?

Aliases, even filtered ones, are not a security solution. You should look at Security with field level security.

Thank you. I'll check field lever security. Regarding your question - I am using version 5.3.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.