Tile Map doesn't show results on map using geopoint

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Tile Map using my geopoint data in ES.

This is how I've set up the map:

As you can see, the map has no results.

Looking in the details section, the ES request body looks like this:

{
"size": 0,
"query": {
"query_string": {
"query": "*",
"analyze_wildcard": true
}
},
"aggs": {
"2": {
"geohash_grid": {
"field": "geopoint",
"precision": 2
}
}
}
}

The response looks like this:

{
"took": 2,
"timed_out": false,
"_shards": {
"total": 5,
"successful": 5,
"failed": 0
},
"hits": {
"total": 2,
"max_score": 0,
"hits":
},
"aggregations": {
"2": {
"buckets":
}
}
}

As you can see, there are 2 hits.

This is how my data looks like in ES viewed in Kibana:

As you can see here, I've done the mapping of the field to be geopoint. I started with just the latlon-values, and then tried to add the geohash representation to see if that would work. I would prefer to only use latlon at the end.

Why doesn't the map result show?

Thanks!

I suspect the issue may be related to the geohash property in the document values, but that's mostly just a guess.

It's easy enough to confirm though - simply add another field with the same geo data, without the geohash property, and see if that works correctly with the TileMap.

It's also possible, though I think unlikely, that the field mapping is wrong. Check the output from /test/_mapping/field/geopoint against Elasticsearch, and see if the type is in fact geo_point.

Thank you for the quick answer.

I tried first without the geohash field without any success, so I tried with that as well.

The mapping reply from /test/_mapping/field/geopoint looks like this, which is made by me manually, and I think this is correct:

{"test":{"mappings":{"“location”":{"geopoint":{"full_name":"geopoint","mapping":{"geopoint":{"type":"geo_point","lat_lon":true,"geohash":true}}}}}}}

Looking closely at my reply from the mapping request, I can now see that there are double quotes around the "location" field. This is the discrepancy when using a Mac and it's not using default double quotes in the text editor. When removing the index, and adding mapping without these faulty double quotes, it works. Thanks for the help!