Time Series Visual Builder - most basic question ever

This is probably the easiest question anyone has asked. I see tons of references to people using the Time Series Visual Builder to do calculations on fields, etc. But the one thing I can't figure out is do I have to be using data with time fields in it?

It may seem like a dumb question, and I apologize if it is, but I see people ask how to multiple a field and everyone says "go to TSVB" and select metrics, and so on. But then when I try that all of my data is zero b/c my data doesn't have time fields. So I'm wondering if there is some alternate use of TSVB that allows you to use the metrics and markdown and gauge fields even if you don't have time related data.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @dandcp,
I am afraid you have to have a timefield to use TSVB - just like the name says, TSVB's purpose it to build visualizations based on time. If you have any particular visualization in mind, let us know here and we'll try to help - the alternate methods are visualize editor (the set of vertical bar, datatable, metrics etc), Vega editor or Lens.
Best,
Marta

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.