Is my Visual Builder up to date?

When i attempt to use the Visual Builder, I see a message at the top of the page:

This visualization is marked as experimental. Have feedback? Please create an issue in GitHub.

Do I need to update my Kibana? I am trying to use the Visual Builder for time series data.

It's still experimental at this stage, I don't know if we have timeframes to move it to beta and then GA.

Ok.

Timelion seems to be working well, as a replacement.

It will 100% work, the experimental label just means we may make drastic changes to how it will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mc1392 the Time Series Visual Builder is currently marked as experimental because we plan on rolling similar functionality into a consolidated visual editor for an improved user experience. If you'd like to follow the progress of this project, please subscribe to https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/17076

That being said, we test the Time Series Visual Builder as we would any GA visualization. The same is said for both the Input Controls and Vega visualizations. For TSVB specifically, a lot of our users use this visualization type in production and product-wise, we ship visualizations created from this UI with our Beats module dashboards out of the box. It has been in the experimental stage since 5.4 and we've decided to leave it with this flag until we introduce this new editor.

I hope this provides enough detail and context but please feel free to ping me with any other questions. @timroes may be able to provide some additional information as well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.