Time Series visualization Global Filter

Hello,

I'm trying to create a time series visualization with two series to see metrics from servers.

My problem is:
These two series use different json documents. the first serie has a field performancemanager.virtualmachines.name to identify Server name and the second uses inventory.virtualmachines.name to identify Server Name.

I want to filter by Server in Dashboard (Using Global filter or controls). How can do this? If I use the field from the first serie, will affect the second serie.

Is possible to create a mapping in ES/Kibana between these fields? Something like performancemanager.virtualmachines.name field is linked to inventory.virtualmachines.name, so if a create a global filter to performancemanager.virtualmachines.name, the second serie will use this filter in inventory.virtualmachines.name field?

I have been thinking about using scripted fields, I think can be a solution to this, but I want to explore other solutions before getting in scripted fields.

Thanks for help.

Regards,
Fábio Santos

Scripted fields could possibly solve your problem but Time Series Visual Builder does not support scripted fields. As of now I can't think of a work around that would solve your problem, this would need to be a new feature for the Time Series Visual Builder.

Would you like to file an issue in our Github repo? https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues
I can do it on your behalf if you would like, if you file it then you will receive notification when the issue is updated or closed. Let me know :smiley:

Hi @simianhacker,

Tks for the answer. I will open the issue today.

Regards,
Fábio Santos

Hi @simianhacker,

What should be a new feature? The time series support scripted fields, or another way to solve this problem?

Regards,
Fábio Santos

I would set the title to "Scripted Fields support for Time Series Visual Builder" then describe the problem you're having (like above) and how that would solve it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.