Timelion and ISO Week

Hi there, I would like to compare two weeks with:

.es(index=my-index, metric="sum:sessions").label('past week'), .es(index=my-index, metric="sum:sessions", offset=-1w).label('prev week')

At the moment with offset=-1w I get one day more then expected and after that every day duplicated in the timeline (x-axis) so how do I tell Kibana that I want to get an iso week?

Hey @Hannah, using the offset of "-1w" is the equivalent of "-7d" (subtract 7 days) and it isn't tied to days of the week and is relative to the current selected time-range.

So using your query with the absolute date ranges of "January 5th 2018, 00:00:00.000 to January 12th 2018, 23:59:59.999" produces the following chart:

01 AM

Which has two series on in, with the "past week" showing the values for "January 5th 2018, 00:00:00.000 to January 12th 2018, 23:59:59.999" and the "prev week" showing the values for "December 29th 2017, 00:00:00.000 to January 5th 2018, 23:59:59.999", with the "prev week" being 7 days (1 week) before the "past week"

Hi @Brandon_Kobel, thank you for the information about the iso week. Maybe I was barking up the wrong tree.
Do you got another hint for this: When you look at the visualisation it's different from the dashboard on the x-axis with the day:

Why is Kibana doing that? Index is the same as above.

Hey @Hannah, are both of these charts Timelion charts, with the difference being one is added to the Dashboard and the other isn't? The x/y axis appear to be different scales, are those the differences you're referring to?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.