Topbeat: CPU/Memory usage per process

Hello Elastic { World },

I am using topbeat, for high level monitoring. I've downloaded sample dashboards for topbeat
and successfully able to load and use the amazing dashboards and widgets.

The widget that I am interested in is CPU usage per process and Memory usage per process.
As mentioned they're working as follows,

The chart shows, Disk & memory usage for processes. What we want in this case is,

Instead of showing usage for java.exe, is it possible to show what java processes are running / using them?
In our case, we are using tomcat, eclipse and other application under java category. My question is,
   Is it possible to show Disc & memory usage per process, like for Tomcat, Eclipse etc...?

You can use the command line instead of the process name to differentiate between the java processes. Let me know if this helps.

Hi @monica ,

Thanks for your response! What you mean by 'You can use the command line instead of the process name to differentiate between the java processes'

Regards, KK

@warkolm @monica @magnusbaeck @dadoonet @steffens @andrewkroh

Here is our use case:

1. We need to map the processes against application.
2. We need to dashboard the applications that are running, based on memory usage, disk usage and cpu usage.
3. We need some kinda alert mechanism which let us notices said over-usage.

We are getting the processes, but it is listing with parent processes under which the subprocesses are started, as explained in my question above( the very first post)

Please don't do this, it's rather rude.

You can use the proc.cmdline field to map the process against the application. If you send the data through Logstash you could even apply per-application tagging based on the content of the proc.cmdline field.

You won't be able to determine disk usage per process. Topbeat reports disk level information. Do these apps have a unique user or specific directory that you will use for attributing disk usage to a process?

We have Watcher for alerting if you have a subscription. You can try it for 30 days.

@andrewkroh,

1. My topbeat fields list doesn't contain proc.cmdline field.

2. Elaborate please, Do these apps have a unique user or specific directory that you will use for attributing disk usage to a process?