Topbeat does not report per-core statistics

Howdy!

I'm trying to analyze an OpenStack cloud's performance for different services using topbeat and packetbeat. I chose topbeat specifically because it supported per-core reporting for processes' CPU usage. However, after setting cpu_per_core to true in the YAML and restarting the client, I saw no individual core values reported back to Logstash. Topbeat continues to report, but there appears to be no individual core data as indicated by both the cpuX.* filters being hidden in Kibana and by the results of manually searching for those fields. I've read in a few places that the Windows implementation exhibits similar behavior to what I'm seeing, but this is a Linux system. Could anyone give me some guidance on how to diagnose this?

Info:
System was deployed using the DigitalOcean guide. This includes using all of their specified repositories.
Topbeat version 1.3.1

Thanks!

I strongly recommend you to use Metricbeat instead of Topbeat. I assume you are looking for the core metricset? https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/5.3/metricbeat-metricset-system-core.html

I didn't even know about metricbeat. It looks like exactly what I want. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.