Tuning Kibana Performance

We've been experiencing a few issues which seems to all be caused by the kibana requestTimeout being reached:

• https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/22426: Adding or removing column in discover view generates "Unable to write index pattern!" errors
  • When saving changes in Index Pattern or Visualization, there are "Object was not saved. Error: Service unavailable" errors, although the changes are saved.
  • Some occasional " Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0" errors makes me thinks that the answers are sometimes truncated.

Still, I don't want to increase the requestTimeout, as 30s seems quite a reasonable time for a request in a Web Application and changing the value would in the end only work around the issue.

So is there any steps I can take to troubleshoot performance issue and subsequently do some performance tuning in Kibana?

@EldrosKandar what is the current data volume for those requests? What is the time a simple request from the machine where kibana is hosted takes against your elasticsearch cluster?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.