Unable To connect kibana 6.4 with elasticsearch 6.4

Hi All,

I have 3 instance of elastic search 6.4.0 . on three different servers.

Node Configuration:

ALPR1DESEARCH01
node.data: false
node.ingest: false
node.master: true
ALPR1DESEARCH02
node.data: true
node.ingest: false
node.master: false
ALPR1DESEARCH03
node.data: false
node.ingest: true
node.master: false

Questions: can any one help me on below mentioned problems to solve.

1. Which node on elastic search i need to connect kibana ?

2. I have installed kibana 6.4 and connect that to master node "ALPR1DESEARCH01" but i am geeting below mentioned error and not able to use kibana dev toll, its always showing meesage "Help us improve the Elastic Stack by providing basic feature usage statistics? We will never share this data outside of Elastic." and when click on yes or no nothing is working.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\kibana-6.4.0\bin>kibana.bat
log [06:20:59.793] [info][status][plugin:reporting@6.4.0] Status changed from yellow to green - Ready
log [06:20:59.809] [info][kibana-monitoring][monitoring-ui] Starting monitoring stats collection
log [06:20:59.809] [info][status][plugin:security@6.4.0] Status changed from yellow to green - Ready

log [06:20:59.825] [warning][stats-collection] Unable to fetch data from kibana collector
error [06:20:59.840] [warning][stats-collection] [no_shard_available_action_exception] No shard available for [get [.kibana][doc][config:6.4.0]: routing [null]] :: {"path":"/.kibana/doc/config%3A6.4.0","query":{},"statusCode":503,"response":"{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"no_shard_available_action_exception","reason":"No shard available for [get [.kibana][doc][config:6.4.0]: routing [null]]"}],"type":"no_shard_available_action_exception","reason":"No shard available for [get [.kibana][doc][config:6.4.0]: routing [null]]"},"status":503}"}
at respond (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\transport.js:307:15)
at checkRespForFailure (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\transport.js:266:7)
at HttpConnector. (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\connectors\http.js:159:7)
at IncomingMessage.bound (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\node_modules\lodash\dist\lodash.js:729:21)
at emitNone (events.js:111:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
log [06:20:59.840] [warning][stats-collection] Unable to fetch data from kibana_settings collector
log [06:20:59.871] [info][license][xpack] Imported license information from Elasticsearch for the [monitoring] cluster: mode: basic | status: active
error [06:21:09.820] [warning][stats-collection] [search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed :: {"path":"/.kibana/_search","query":{"ignore_unavailable":true,"filter_path":"aggregations.types.buckets"},"body":"{"size":0,"query":{"terms":{"type":["dashboard","visualization","search","index-pattern","graph-workspace","timelion-sheet"]}},"aggs":{"types":{"terms":{"field":"type","size":6}}}}","statusCode":503,"response":"{"error":{"root_cause":[],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[]},"status":503}"}
at respond (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\transport.js:307:15)
at checkRespForFailure (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\transport.js:266:7)
at HttpConnector. (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\connectors\http.js:159:7)
at IncomingMessage.bound (C:\kibana-6.4.0\node_modules\elasticsearch\node_modules\lodash\dist\lodash.js:729:21)
log [06:21:09.820] [warning][stats-collection] Unable to fetch data from kibana collector
error [06:21:09.820] [warning][stats-collection] [no_shard_available_action_exception] No shard available for [get [.kibana][doc][config:6.4.0]: routing [null]] :: {"path":"/.kibana/doc/config%3A6.4.0","query":{},"statusCode":503,"response":"{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"no_shard_available_action_exception","reason":"No shard available for [get [.kibana][doc][config:6.4.0]: routing [null]]"}],"type":"no_shard_available_action_exception","reason":"No shard available for [get [.kibana][doc][config:6.4.0]: routing [null]]"},"status":503}"}
log [06:21:09.820] [warning][stats-collection] Unable to fetch data from kibana_settings collector

Thanks in advance.

Why have you set up the cluster that way? Just because you can have different types of nodes doesn't mean you necessarily should. If your nodes have the same hardware profile, you would most likely be better off setting up all 3 nodes with the default profile (holds data, is master eligible and can handle ingest) as that will spread load and give you better resiliency. Do not forget to set minimum_master_nodes according to these guidelines.

Can you help me providing details how can i utlize all three server for elastic search nodes configuration.
i had done it 1st time and dont have much idea how to utlize all three servers and setup .and decided lets setup all three nodes separately.

Can you provide any information that can guide me to setup elasticsearch on multiple servers. and how many nodes should i configure on one server. and how to configure them so that all these nodes have cross communication on multipule servers.

Ideally run one Elasticsearch node per host. Let all nodes have all roles. You can do this by sticking with the defaults and remove node.data, node.ingest, and node.master settings from the elasticsearch.yml files. Update discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts so it contains the IP address of all hosts. Also make sure that network.host binds to an interface the other nodes can access. Then set minimum_master_nodes to 2 in order to prevent split-brain scenarios.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.