Unable to connect to Elastic-Search Server

A few months back, I deployed the Elastic-Search(version - 8.0.1) on Kubernetes as a service as External load balancer using this guide.
Now, I am unable to perform any read or write operation on ES. I checked the logs, in which I found that memory of the node is almost full.
Here are some logs which support this analysis -

• flood stage disk watermark [95%] exceeded on [hulk-es-default-0][/usr/share/elasticsearch/data] free: 18.5mb[1.8%], all indices on this node will be marked read-only
  • Cluster health status changed from [YELLOW] to [RED] (reason: [shards failed [[1][0]]]).
  • This node is unhealthy: health check failed on [/usr/share/elasticsearch/data].

Here are the errors that are coming when performing any read/write operation -

• elasticsearch.exceptions.TransportError: TransportError(503, 'master_not_discovered_exception', None)
  • elasticsearch.exceptions.ConnectionTimeout: ConnectionTimeout caused by - ReadTimeoutError(HTTPSConnectionPool(host='...', port=****): Read timed out. (read timeout=30))

I don't think increasing the allocated storage space to the ES node is a long-term solution. Rather auto-scaling should be enabled.
Can anyone guide me how to resolve this issue and whether my approach towards solution is correct or not?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.