Unable to create a monitoring_user in Kibana using X-Pack

Hi,

I have installed X-Pack and I created a user with roles kibana_user, monitoring_user set. When I login using the created credentials, I am getting the error below.

You are not authorized to access Monitoring. To use Monitoring, you need the privileges granted by both the `kibana_user` and `monitoring_user` roles.

If you are attempting to access a dedicated monitoring cluster, this might be because you are logged in as a user that is not configured on the monitoring cluster. 

I have set up a cluster in my machine with 2 mastereligible nodes. How can I fix this? How can I create a monitoring_user who can access the monitoring part?

I am getting the same error in elastic superuser too.

Is the monitoring data on the same cluster as your production data, or do you have a separate monitoring cluster? If you have a separate monitoring cluster, then the monitoring user and/or superuser need to exist on the monitoring cluster with the same password as the production cluster.

If that's not the case, do you see any information about the security exception in the Elasticsearch logs?

@tsullivan I have just a single machine.. Monitoring and data in same machine..

Hi,

could you try and clear out your browser cache?

@bohyun it worked. Thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.