Unable to create index pattern from Kibana

I am experiencing a problem similar in nature to the one here:

I have written a few (five) documents to an index, but when I attempt to make an index pattern through Kibana, the wheel just spins.

As per @jbudz's request, here are my kibana settings.

{".kibana":{"settings":{"index":{"number_of_shards":"1","auto_expand_replicas":"0-1","blocks":{"read_only_allow_delete":"true"},"provided_name":".kibana","creation_date":"1541011008451","number_of_replicas":"0","uuid":"45i6FyJUQTad-fes0s72vg","version":{"created":"6040299"}}}}}

I think you are hitting high threshold and hence its becoming read only indices. Can you free up some space to see if this gets resolved ?

All indexes get locked when the disk threshold is reached

To unlock all indexes manually:

curl -XPUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://[YOUR_ELASTICSEARCH_ENDPOINT]:9200/_all/_settings -d '{"index.blocks.read_only_allow_delete": null}'

Also try deleting .kibana index to get it back up and going.

Hope it helps
Cheers
Rashmi

I think that was the problem. high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [fcqHgNaCRUWBvF5fvgxl_A][fcqHgNa][/usr/local/var/lib/elasticsearch/nodes/0] free: 13.7gb[5.8%], shards will be relocated away from this node

Am glad that the root cause is know.. Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.