Unable to Load Kibana objects (Failed to parse)

Hello, I'm trying to setup APN from Kibana. I have the APN server communicating with Elastic and My app sending metrics. In the last step "Load Kibana Objects" I get the following error:

Unable to add 1 of 16 kibana objects, Error: failed to parse

If I go into the APM server and run apm-server setup, I get:

Loaded index template
Loading dashboards (Kibana must be running and reachable)
Exiting: Failed to import index-pattern: Failed to load directory /usr/share/apm-server/kibana/6/index-pattern:
  error loading /usr/share/apm-server/kibana/6/index-pattern/apmserver.json: failed to parse. Response: {"objects":[{"id":"apm-*","type":"index-pattern","error":{"message":"failed to parse"}}]}

I also noticed this happens when running apm-server setup --dashboard but not with apm-server setup --template

apm-server setup --template
Loaded index template

apm-server setup --dashboards
Loading dashboards (Kibana must be running and reachable)
Exiting: Failed to import index-pattern: Failed to load directory /usr/share/apm-server/kibana/6/index-pattern:
  error loading /usr/share/apm-server/kibana/6/index-pattern/apmserver.json: failed to parse. Response: {"objects":[{"id":"apm-*","type":"index-pattern","error":{"message":"failed to parse"}}]}

Why its loading the index-pattern when I specify the dashboard?

Thanks!

Edit:
I'm using Elastic stack 6.5.3

Hi Juan,

have you updated from a previous version or did you do a fresh install for 6.5.3 and how did you install it?

Have you changed anything related to the dashboards or the Kibana index pattern, or are you using default values? I cannot reproduce the issue with default settings.

The dashboards depend on the kibana index pattern, that is why it is imported when you run apm-server setup --dashboards.

Hi Silvia,
Yeah I been upgrading ES and Kibana since version 6.0 (via ppa). Apm was a new install a few hours ago.

Happy to help debugging it.

Thanks

This issue was unrelated to APN Server, my ES instance was having issues.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.