APM error on Kubernetes minikube local cluster

I encountered an issue while setting up APM server for Elasticsearch and Kibana. The error message indicates that APM server failed to import Kibana index patterns due to a 403 Forbidden error. I have tried troubleshooting by checking the permissions for APM server to access Elasticsearch and Kibana, but the issue persists. I am seeking assistance from the community to help me resolve this error and successfully set up APM server for my Elasticsearch and Kibana instance. Thank you for your help.

ELK version: 8.5.3

{"log.level":"error","@timestamp":"2023-03-01T23:40:42.418Z","log.origin":{"file.name":"instance/beat.go","file.line":1057},"message":"Exiting: error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /usr/share/apm-server/kibana: failed to import Kibana index pattern: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 403 to import file: Unable to bulk_create index-pattern: %!w(<nil>). Response: {\"statusCode\":403,\"error\":\"Forbidden\",\"message\":\"Unable to bulk_create index-pattern\"}","service.name":"apm-server","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}
Exiting: error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /usr/share/apm-server/kibana: failed to import Kibana index pattern: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 403 to import file: Unable to bulk_create index-pattern: %!w(<nil>). Response: {"statusCode":403,"error":"Forbidden","message":"Unable to bulk_create index-pattern"}

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @thiago.silva , apologies for the very late reply, this fell through the cracks.

In case you still encounter this issue, could you provide some more information on

• how you configure apm-server
  • how you start apm-server

By default the apm-server does not import any dashboards into ES in 8.x.