Unable to post data into ElasticSearch from Jmeter using Backend listeners

Hi,

I am facing an issue while trying to post Jmeter data into ElasticSearch using Backend listener. Initially I had done PoC on local system where everything (JMeter, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana etc.) were in my local system and I was able to push data from Jmeter to ElasticSearch and then created dashboard in Grafana.

Now the ElasticSearch is installed in remote system accessible via HTTPS and while I am hitting the ElasticSearch host URL in web browser, I am getting below response which seems to be okay.

{
"name" : "es-client-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"cluster_name" : "xxx-cluster",
"cluster_uuid" : "78Bpxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"version" : {
"number" : "6.7.2",
"build_flavor" : "default",
"build_type" : "tar",
"build_hash" : "56cxxxx",
"build_date" : "2019-04-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "7.7.0",
"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "5.6.0",
"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "5.0.0"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

After that while hitting the host URL along with index [https://elasticsearch-xxxx-xxxxxxxx-xx.xxxxxx/test12345] I am getting below response.

{"test12345":{"aliases":{},"mappings":{"_doc":{"dynamic":"strict"}},"settings":{"index":{"lifecycle":{"name":"default_policy"},"number_of_shards":"1","provided_name":"test12345","creation_date":"1580194201957","number_of_replicas":"0","uuid":"I5DQHWNbTXxxxxxxxxxxxxx","version":{"created":"607xxxxx"}}}}}

So now while I am trying to push data from Jmeter to ElasticSearch it is showing below error in Jmeter console-

2020-01-28 08:38:02,775 ERROR i.g.d.j.b.e.ElasticSearchMetricSender: Exceptionjava.net.SocketTimeoutException: 200 milliseconds timeout on connection http-outgoing-0 [ACTIVE]
2020-01-28 08:38:02,775 ERROR i.g.d.j.b.e.ElasticSearchMetricSender: Elastic Search Request End Point: /test12345/SampleResult/_bulk
2020-01-28 08:38:02,775 ERROR i.g.d.j.b.e.ElasticSearchMetricSender: ElasticSearch Backend Listener was unable to perform request to the

I Have changed the es timeout setting to 20000 ms, but still getting the same error and I not sure from where it is taking 200 ms connection timeout setting.

es.timout.ms 20000

So it will be very helpful if someone can help me to get the issue resolved.

Thanks,
Sourav

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.