I'm creating an search application, using Docker containers and keep getting 'Unable to revive connection' and 'No living connections' errors. The setup I'm using:
- ES 2.4 image in Docker container
- elasticsearch.js based front-end in nginx container
- ubuntu container for test pruposes
- all containers in a user-defined network within docker
I feed ES using curl from the ubuntu container with some test data. Works well: data is indexed and can be queried. All from the ubuntu container. When I try to query from my js frontend, however, I get the above error messages. Running it on my Mac, works all perfect. The errors only appear when communication is between containers.
This is what I already found out, trying to solve the issue:
- I (probably?) have to turn on CORS (see Elastic Search enable CORS). So I did.
- I have to something similar in my nginx configuration (see Wide open nginx Cors configuration). So I also did.
Still no effect. Has anyone a clue?