Unknown health status

Kibana version: 7.10.0

Elasticsearch version: 7.10.0

APM Server version: 7.10.0

APM Agent language and version: dotnet 1.5.1

Browser version: Chrome 89

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: deb

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? upgraded

Is there anything special in your setup? Load balancer in front of APM servers, Logstash between APM servers and ElasticSearch.

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant): Many APM services do not show a service health, even though machine learning is enabled, model bounds are detected and no amomalies exist.

Please see the below screenshots.

No status information:

Service details, machine learning enabled:

Machine learning data, no anomalies:

I initially thought it could be related to: [APM] Services without anomalies have an "unknown" health status · Issue #77083 · elastic/kibana · GitHub, but noticed this one linked to: [APM] Use model_plot as a signal for anomaly scores by dgieselaar · Pull Request #77756 · elastic/kibana · GitHub, which should already be fixed in the version I'm using.

Anyone who can assist?

Errors in browser console (if relevant): N/A

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant): done

hi guys, anyone who could add something to this question?

Hi Harm! We had a bug in 7.10 where only the top 10 services for a given environment would display its health status. It's fixed in 7.11. I'm not 100% sure if that is what's happening to you as well, as I see only 8 services there. Is there a possibility for you to upgrade to 7.11 and see if it resolves the issue?

There's no github issue for the bug itself, but it should have been fixed in this PR: [APM] Optimize anomaly data loading strategy by dgieselaar · Pull Request #87522 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

1 Like

Hi Dario, thanks for the heads-up. That sounds like the issue indeed, since the selected environment hides two other services with a health-status. :slight_smile:

We'll upgrade soon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.