Health Status is Unkown for a particular service

Kibana version: 7.17.0

Elasticsearch version: 7.17.0

APM Server version: 7.17.0

APM Agent language and version: java 1.11.0

Browser version: Chrome 89

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: deb

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? upgraded

Is there anything special in your setup? Load balancer in front of APM servers.

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):
healthStatus for some services shows as "Unkown", given that apm-environment is set to "prod" and machine learning anomalies detection is enabled on this environment.
anomalies score for this particular service is shown under anomalies detection tab, but it is not getting reflected on the services list ui.

Please see the below screenshots.

my initial speculation is that anomalies score is being calculated for the service but it is not getting reflected in service dashboard ui, it might be the problem with ui but i am not sure.
can anyone help me out here ?

Errors in browser console (if relevant): N/A

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant): done
​ ​ ​ ​

Hello @Divyanshu_Raj,

Which is the time frame you are using in the service inventory?
unknown usually means the job has not generated any anomaly score in the given time range or there is no job for that environment.

@Yngrid_Coello
thank you for the response.

in the following screenshot the anomalies score of last 4 hours are shown, there are two anomalies score as evident.

and i used same time frame in services inventory, but the healthStatus is still UnKnown.

@Yngrid_Coello

An info update about system !

the service we are using does not contains any "request" type of transactions.

i am not sure how will that relate to the problem, but i thought it would help in understanding the problem in a better way.

Thanks for this additional information.

Does this service have transaction of types page-load or mobile?

No, this service only contains "messaging" and "Kafka" type of transactions.

Thanks for checking.

In the services page we only retrieve anomalies for request, page-load and mobile transaction types.

1 Like

oh that's the case !

but anyways, how can we see the healthStatus of our services having other types of transactions?

Hey @Divyanshu_Raj,
unfortunately there are no options to check the healthStatus for other types of transactions.

What you can do is open an enhancement/feature request for us to evaluate it and prioritise it accordingly.

thank you so much for your input @Yngrid_Coello , that helped!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.