Upgrade 2.x to 5.x instructions; no config or data directories?

I'm looking at the directions for upgrading from 2.x to 5.x. In section 3 "Shutdown and upgrade all nodes", these are the instructions:

To upgrade using a zip or compressed tarball:

• Either copy the files in the config directory from your old installation to your new installation, or set the environment variable ES_JVM_OPTIONS to the location of the jvm.options file and use the -E path.conf= option on the command line to point to an external config directory.
• Either copy the files in the data directory from your old installation to your new installation, or configure the location of the data directory in the config/elasticsearch.yml file, with the path.data setting.

The problem is, I have no "config" or "data" directories in my old install. Was there another analogous directory? I see config files in /etc/elasticsearch. I just need to know what 'should' be in those directories so I can place the proper contents in "config" and "data"

Doc referenced: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/restart-upgrade.html

Did you install these with a zip/tarball?

Suggests not, so you may want to follow the step before that one here Rolling upgrade | Elasticsearch Guide [8.11] | Elastic

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.