Upgrade Assistance: Failed to reindex .kibana

I'm trying to upgrade a single node elk cluster to 6.x. I upgraded elasticsearch, kibana, logstash and x-pack (basic license) to version 5.6.8.
In the reindex helper page, I try to reindex .kibana index, but I'm getting an error after a minute or two:

PUT /api/migration/.kibana-6
{
  "statusCode": 400,
  "error": "Bad Request",
  "message": "Index .kibana-6 already exists.",
  "code": "ERR_INDEX_EXISTS",
  "root_cause": [
    {
      "type": "index_already_exists_exception",
      "reason": "index [.kibana-6/lnGEMacMTRKcahTwHeqBwQ] already exists",
      "index_uuid": "lnGEMacMTRKcahTwHeqBwQ",
      "index": ".kibana-6"
    }
  ],
  "type": "index_already_exists_exception",
  "reason": "index [.kibana-6/lnGEMacMTRKcahTwHeqBwQ] already exists",
  "index_uuid": "lnGEMacMTRKcahTwHeqBwQ",
  "index": ".kibana-6",
  "reindexedIndexName": ".kibana-6"
}

The .kibana-6 index is been created immediately after I click the reindex button, but it stays in status red.
Elasticsearch outputs the log after the index creation:

[2018-04-02T15:48:35,972][INFO ][o.e.c.m.MetaDataCreateIndexService] [elk-prod1] [.kibana-6] creating index, cause [api], templates [default], shards [1]/[0], mappings [doc]
[2018-04-02T15:48:35,984][INFO ][o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService] [elk-prod1] Cluster health status changed from [YELLOW] to [RED] (reason: [index [.kibana-6] created]).

Configurations the cluster has:

• Disabled all x-pack features that not relevant to the basic license.
  • Created an index template with number_of_replicas: 0 and number_of_shards: 5 settings.

Edit: The .kibana index version is 2040099.

Figured it out, the cluster.routing.allocation.enable option was none for some reason. change it and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for sharing your solution, David!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.