Upgrade of Elasticsearch

How can i upgrade elasticsearch from 2.2 to 5.5?
As I install the rpm package, there a conflict.
Do I need to uninstall the previous elasticsearch?

TIA

It should be as simple as following https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/5.5/setup-upgrade.html

Yes. I based my work with that guide.

Shutdown and upgrade all nodes

Stop all Elasticsearch services on all nodes in the cluster. Each node can be upgraded following the same procedure described in [upgrade-node].

But i'm not sure with that step.
Based from that, I have to perform rolling upgrade right?
And on the step 3 of rolling upgrade:

To upgrade using a Debian or RPM package

I did download the rpm package and install.
Is that correct?

No, just do each and every node before starting them all up.

You'd probably be better off using the repos if you can.

Yes. I just have single node running in my system.

What kind of repos will be better to use?

I download from the rpm repos and I completely downloaded and installed the new package.
but upon starting the elasticsearch, I got this error

[root@centos7 yum.repos.d]# service elasticsearch start
Starting elasticsearch (via systemctl):  Warning: elasticsearch.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.
                                                           [  OK  ]
    [root@centos7 yum.repos.d]# systemctl daemon-reload
    [root@centos7 yum.repos.d]# service elasticsearch status
    ● elasticsearch.service - Elasticsearch
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/elasticsearch.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-08-03 18:27:19 SGT; 1min 6s ago
     Docs: http://www.elastic.co
 Main PID: 32147 (code=exited, status=64)

Aug 03 18:27:10 centos7.awscsc.com elasticsearch[32147]: -d, --daemonize       Starts Elasticsearch in the background
Aug 03 18:27:10 centos7.awscsc.com elasticsearch[32147]: -h, --help            show help
Aug 03 18:27:10 centos7.awscsc.com elasticsearch[32147]: -p, --pidfile <Path>  Creates a pid file in the specified path on start
Aug 03 18:27:10 centos7.awscsc.com elasticsearch[32147]: -q, --quiet           Turns off standard ouput/error streams logging in console
Aug 03 18:27:10 centos7.awscsc.com elasticsearch[32147]: -s, --silent          show minimal output
Aug 03 18:27:10 centos7.awscsc.com elasticsearch[32147]: -v, --verbose         show verbose output
Aug 03 18:27:10 centos7.awscsc.com elasticsearch[32147]: ERROR: D is not a recognized option
Aug 03 18:27:19 centos7.awscsc.com systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=64/n/a
Aug 03 18:27:19 centos7.awscsc.com systemd[1]: Unit elasticsearch.service entered failed state.
Aug 03 18:27:19 centos7.awscsc.com systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service failed.

Any inputs?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.