Upgrading a single node

I am currently trying to migrate from version 4.3 to version 5.0 (Elasticseach). I am following the guide "Full cluster restart upgrade" on the documentation.

On step 3 "Shutdown and upgrade all nodes", I have a question regarding upgrading a node. It says that in order to upgrade using a RPM package you need to use rpm: "Use rpm or dpkg to install the new package. All files should be placed in their proper locations, and config files should not be overwritten".

My question is how exactly do I use RPM. For example, if i click the provided link on RPM it takes you to the page for installing but not necessary for upgrading. So if I want to install from the RPM repository do I need to create another elasticsearch.repo file or do I have to do something else.

I am not sure if I am missing something from the docs.
Hopefully someone can help me.

Greetings from Mexico!

If you download the rpm you can just install the package over the top. rpm's are installed with yum, so have a look around the internet for guides on that :slight_smile:

(Also, there's no ES 4.3)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.