We had two clusters with version 6.2.1, where one is dedicated for monitoring. The monitoring cluster was also monitoring logstash (Docker 6.2). We upgraded the monitoring cluster to 6.3 from 6.2.1.
- ES cluster that is 6.2.1 is still sending data to monitoring without any issues
- Logstash is not sending any monitoring data
- ES monitoring cluster 6.3 (Local Monitoring) is also not working.
Looking at _cat/indices in monitoring cluster (6.3), there were no new indices created for logstash (monitoring-logstash-6-2018.06....). It stopped creating indices that would host logstash data, which rolls daily
Also, querying GET /.monitoring-es-6-2018.06.*/_search doesn't yield any result for local (monitoring) cluster post the time of upgrade.
Validated the below settings and ensured they are proper w.r.t ES URL, user/password etc.
- License It is valid in both monitoring and the other es cluster
- xPack settings with appropriate local exporter (for monitoring)
- xpack configuration in logstash
Not sure how the 6.2.1 cluster alone sends monitoring data to 6.3, but not the rest (logstash and local monitoring).
Am I missing anything? Any advice would be helpful.