License+monitoring issue after upgrading to 6.3.0

Hi,
We are "on our way" to production but we are still on a trial license. and today we migrated our elasticsearch cluster to 6.3.0 (kibana is still on 6.2.4).

During installation of elasticsearch-6.3.0 the license information in the monitoring-ui show the wrong license information which in turn disables monitoring for us. But under management-> License Management the correct license info is displayed. We have tried to add older license and then revert back to a new license and also restarted kibana without any luck. I have attached images showing this.

We are still on kibana-6.2.4 but I assume that while upgrading to elasticsearch-6.3.0 we should still be able to use the monitoring features in x-pack? Or perhaps we are simply missing something?

This is taken from our logs

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2018-06-21T13:42:00Z","tags":["license","info","xpack"],"pid":43765,"message":"Imported license information from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster: mode: trial | status: active | expiry date: 2018-07-26T01:59:59+02:00"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2018-06-21T13:43:19Z","tags":["warning","monitoring-ui"],"pid":43765,"message":"Cluster [nHIbcFRxTaGTvJqB5WBf-A] has an invalid license (defined: [true])."}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2018-06-21T13:43:19Z","tags":["warning","monitoring-ui"],"pid":43765,"message":"Cluster [QKCsRPjCQjCQGCubsdA4_A] has an invalid license (defined: [true])."}

This shows two clusters (one main and one for monitoring + logs) . This says expired

but License Management says valid (which is correct according to "GET _xpack/license")
This is from our single node monitoring cluster but the main cluster displays the same

Regards /Johan

I think your going to need to upgrade Kibana to 6.3
As part of the changes to open X-Pack and provide non-expiring, basic licenses we made some changes to the licence format.
I wouldn't expect it to have this affect, but it seems like the most likely cause.

Thanks!
Upgrading kibana solves the issue, but that means that monitoring is disabled during elasticsearch upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.