Upgrade to 8.x from 7.x | Error in Kibana

We are running 7.2, successfully upgraded to 7.17.6, and want to move to the 8.X version. All went fine with the 7.17.6 upgrade. On Kibana I see some upgrade issues (critical) but not sure how to resolve this.

First error

Configuring the "pod ID" field has been deprecated and will be removed in 8.0.0. This plugin is designed to work with ECS, and expects this field to have a value of kubernetes.pod.uid. It has a different value configured in Source Configuration: Default

How to fix

Adjust your indexing to identify Kubernetes pods using "kubernetes.pod.uid"

Second error

Configuring the "host name" field has been deprecated and will be removed in 8.0.0. This plugin is designed to work with ECS, and expects this field to have a value of host.name. It has a different value configured in Source Configuration: Default

How to fix

Adjust your indexing to identify hosts using "host.name"

Third error

Configuring the "container ID" field has been deprecated and will be removed in 8.0.0. This plugin is designed to work with ECS, and expects this field to have a value of container.id. It has a different value configured in Source Configuration: Dev

How to fix

Adjust your indexing to identify Docker containers using "container.id"

It's giving me How t fix, but its not showing me where to fix. any help will be much appriciated.

Thanks
Senthil

1 Like

How are you feeding data to Elasticsearch for indexing?

Filebeat --> Logstash --> Elasticsearch --> kibana.

How was this please resolved?
I have same issue in my kibana elastic cloud. When I check Upgrade asistant under " Kibana deprecation issues" I can see message

Source configuration field "pod ID" is deprecated.

Configuring the "pod ID" field has been deprecated and will be removed in 8.0.0. This plugin is designed to work with ECS, and expects this field to have a value of kubernetes.pod.uid. It has a different value configured in Source Configuration: Default

How to fix

Adjust your indexing to identify Kubernetes pods using "kubernetes.pod.uid"

I'm not sure where to fix this. Is this in kibana index patterns, or logstash has to be updated or filebeat?
I havent found any field kubernetes.pod.id in my configuration

1 Like

@Ivan_Martos - It's not resolved, I asked a question but still didn't get any reply from anybody :pensive:

@warkolm any idea please?

1 Like

having the same issue as well, any idea anyone?

1 Like

Same thing as @Ivan_Martos has.
@warkolm is there any progress around this issue?

1 Like

Hey folks - check out settings here
in Kibana go into Observability > Metrics Inventory > Settings. There are bunch of fields with defaults that if changed show up as possible issues upon upgrade. I think this is because the inventory in 8.x won't have customizable fields so you have to set them back to defaults.

1 Like

thank you very much - this solved my issue!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.