Upgrading Kibana 6.5.4 to 6.6.1 and enabling Canvas

Hi there.
I have upgraded Kibana OSS to 6.6.1 and I have two minor issues. The first is that I'm receiving some warnings in the logs (see below) and the second being the fact that I'm not able to see Canvas. How can I enable it?

Here are the warnings:
["plugin","warning"],"pid":1,"path":"/usr/share/kibana/src/legacy/core_plugins/ems_util","message":"Skipping non-plugin directory at /usr/share/kibana/src/legacy/core_plugins/ems_util"}
["warning","elasticsearch","config","deprecation"],"pid":1,"message":"Config key "url" is deprecated. It has been replaced with "hosts""}

Hi,
Enabling canvas is via this xpack.canvas.enabled: true in the kibana.yml should be enough.
If you have a basic or trial license, the default value for this setting is false . If you have a gold or higher license, the default value is true . Therefore, it is a good idea to explicitly add this setting to avoid confusion about whether security features are enabled. As far as the warnings are concerned, unless its affecting anything, you should be fine. They're translated automatically.
In 7.x it will no longer work.

Thanks
Rashmi

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!
May I ask you which are the present conditions for using xpack?
If I remember well, those are paid features with a sort-of trial period, but I can't find a clear explanation of the conditions and pricing on the website.
Moreover, currently I'm running the elastic stack on docker containers in the *-oss flavour, should I move to the standard ones to be able to run xpack features?

Kind regards

HI
Can you ask in open discuss forums rather than a direct message to me ...That way it would get more eyes on the subject.

Thanks
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.